Monday, September 14, 2009

Redirection

I've been quiet over on this blog for a bit. Part of that is that I've been putting a lot of focus into my gaming blog. I've gathered two really good writers to work with me and I've been putting a ton of effort into coming up with a redesign of the site and will shortly start working on networking and trying to promote the blog. That site has pulled in a lot more traffic than I'm Just Gaying… and I've even been approached about a couple ad deals, although I haven't accepted any just yet as I'm not sure what direction I should take there. But that's not the biggest reason I've been quiet here.

The biggest reason I've been quiet here is that I'm just not sure if anything I can say will truly make a difference. Now, this isn't a pity post or a post to garner some moral support, it's more of a reality check for me. My words here, in the grand scheme of things, just aren't making a social impact, which is what my original intent was for I'm Just Gaying… I never expected to be a Andy Towle or a G.A.Y., but I did want to make something a bit bigger out of my perspectives on societal ills than I've been able to accomplish.

Growing up, I always felt that I'd be some sort of mover or shaker in the world. I felt like I had a drive and a voice and I was determined to make the world listen to me. But I've also learned that we all have voices and we all want to make an impact, and in many respects we have to take a step back sometimes and see if what we're screaming about is being heard, and if it's not being heard we need to figure out why. It's always one of two reasons though: What you are saying just isn't relevant/important or Someone else is saying it better than you. In my case, I think my voice isn't being heard as loudly because there are others saying things louder and better than me, and that's completely ok with me.

So that leads me to what exactly I want to do with I'm Just Gaying… I'm not abandoning this blog in any respect, but I think it's time for it to take a new direction. Less news, less politics, less bickering and hateful posts. More about me, more about my interests, and more fun. This blog has always been about me and my perspective, and I have a lot more to say about life than politics and anger. I have sprinkled many posts about other interests into here before, namely about my love of music, and more recently my posts about my vacation and engagement (more on both coming soon), and I'd say expect much more on those fronts coming from I'm Just Gaying…

The biggest focus I want to take on is my engagement and the build up to our wedding. I want to share this process and I want my readers to come along this part of the journey with me. I'll also be talking a lot more about more frivolous subjects, because that's just where my heart is these days. Sure, I'll likely still throw in a rant from time to time about some Republican ass-hat or Christian Scare Bear, but those will be far fewer than before. And once I get things more stable at Rainbow MMO, I'll start working on a re-design for I'm Just Gaying…

So stick around folks, there's plenty more to see here! ;)

2 comments:

Mutty said...

Great news. There's plenty of political pundits out there; I for one always found your more personal posts of greater interest. There's nothing wrong with being politicaly minded and using that as a basis for the more personal posting either.
I'll go and check out your gaming blog now! (Funnily enough I've just started a different comics-centred as opposed to gaming venture but it's not ready for public consumption quite yet).

Cubbyish said...

Thanks, Dyl! You always seem to have uplifting words ;)