Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Adventures On The CTA

Random CTA Passenger That Sat Next To Me On The Bus This Morning (RCTAPTSNTMONTBTM): "Oh honey, you look a little old to be in school! What you working on?"

Me (M): "Umm… it's a workbook for the GMAT."

RCTAPTSNTMONTBTM: *blank stare* "Is that like, for college?"

M: "Basically. It's like the SAT for people wanting to go to business grad school." *returns to workbook*

RCTAPTSNTMONTBTM: "Oh! You know, my daawwter is in college. She got her GED two years ago and now she's in college working on her Bachelorette!"

M: "Yes, well… good for her! I hope she finds a very lucky bachelor while she's there."

RCTAPTSNTMONTBTM: *beams with pride, turns to talk to someone else*

Such is the wonder of the CTA. While it may never get me where I need to go on time, I stumble into interesting conversations that are so amusing I temporarily forget my severe awkwardness talking to random, scary-looking, partially-bathed people in public.

Also, I still haven't gotten over my Moday-itis.

No comments: