Monday, February 7, 2011

Music Monday: In Defense Of Christina

Christina OK, so Christina messed up a line of the National Anthem.  She should have had that damn perfect, I’ll agree, but people make mistakes.  Look at the ENTIRE half time performance for more evidence of performers making mistakes.

BUT, I’m going to say that those people complaining that “she took too many liberties” with the song, I’m calling bull shit.

What those people are really trying to say is that they can’t stand listening to someone with real, actual talent sing anymore.  We’ve been so brainwashed by the auto-tuned crap being served to us (again, see the half time show) that we’ve forgotten that there are people that actually know how to use their voice to produce for reals music.

It’s OK though.  Black Eyed Pees continue to go mutli-platinum everytime they sneeze another generic piece of recycled trash on to the radio (they call it sampling, but whatevs), so I suppose that’s what people really want.  But just because the public doesn’t understand musicality anymore doesn’t mean that Christina gave a bad performance.  I’m just saying, public opinion isn’t always accurate, or for that matter, substantial.

3 comments:

Longasc said...

Uh, why defend her.

She did not only screw up the text. Even if you like her voice, she almost screamed.

JJ said...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XdP6Lp2ceqY/TU9tcmZA1zI/AAAAAAAAlgE/Gb5uj3UcvCg/s1600/a0XmF.png
Did you see the new wiki entry after the Black Eye Peas performance. lol

B.J. Keeton said...

I agree to a point. I think she is getting too much crap for messing it up. Should it have been perfect? Yeah. Would I have screwed it up in front of that many people watching me and only me? Probably.

I just don't like her voice that much, though. I hate how she oversings every note. She is talented; I can't argue with that, but listening to it afterward, I can understand how she lost her place and fumbled over it. She took the melody away from it and warbled so many of the notes that it's easy to understand mistaking the lyrics.