Monday, April 11, 2011

500th Post! Oh, And Farewell!

HOOOOOORAAAY! Happy 500th post to me! I made it, I made it!



Kinda. While this is technically my 500th post here on I'm Just Gaying…, it's is also going to be my last. It's time to lay IJG to rest. It's been a good few years, and I've had quite a few ups and downs here, but as my posting schedule of late can attest, my heart just isn't here anymore.

So I figured my 500th post would be a perfect time to call it quits. In my time writing here, I've covered politics, queer activism, video games, music, weddings, and gay chicken, but I'm ready to take another step in my life now and let go of I'm Just Gaying…

But this isn't the end of my writing. I feel like I'm Just Gaying… was my baby who is now all growed up and doesn't need me anymore. And like any parent going through empty nest, I've had another child. Or blog… I think I've confused myself with my own metaphor here…

What I was getting at is that I'll now be writing over at my new blog: Richard's Reliquary. I feel like 500 posts is a good place to put IJG to bed and give myself the freedom to repurpose my writing. So join me at Richard's Reliquary to talk about my life and growing into my 30's.

I realize this post is probably more for me than for anyone else, as I don't think many people are still keeping up with I'm Just Gaying… but I do want to thank you all for sticking around and reading, commenting and sharing with me over the years. I've really loved writing here and getting your feedback, and I sincerely hope you follow me over to Richard's Reliquary.

2 comments:

Longasc said...

I hope you finally figured out how to heal people with your Captain. :)

the immigayrant said...

Oh well...

Hello and goodbye. I just stumbled upon your blog and this is the end.

Btw, there are so many posts to read. This is awesome!

I wonder if you can put "gadgets" on your blog's sidebar to make it easier to find your best/most popular posts.

Eg:
- Blogger's Popular Post
This will list a number of your journal entries that have the most views.

Or... can you make a recommendation where to begin my read?

Cheers,


Grant
http://gay-and-away.blogspot.com/